Wow, this was somewhat of an unusual fix!
A client called me up and told me that she no longer wanted her eMachines T5048 desktop. She said that she couldn’t stand the loud fan noise any longer as it was driving her crazy!
When I got to her house I certainly could hear that the fan was indeed extremely loud! But there was no need to get rid of the desktop. Here is the solution:
1) Close out any open applications and restart the computer.
2) As the machine boots up (at the eMachines logo), press F2 (to enter the BIOS).
3) Once you are in the BIOS, navigate (use the keyboard directional arrows) to the Exit Tab.
4) Under the Exit Tab, choose “Load Optimal Defaults“. When you are asked to confirm, select “Y” (for “yes“).
5) Save the changes and Exit the BIOS.
6) No more loud fan!! Awesome!
Professor Randy says: I love to fix computers!!